I’d be going through some possible reasons why you keep repeating a particular form of sacrifice or ritual and also give possible solutions as well.
The early missionaries sold the scheme of Christianity to us as a way to usher an already civilized society into a western way of life and worship. This model was built on the illusion of wealth, longevity, favorable weather and indoctrination. This particular model/scheme has turned out to be a distorted truth, hence the decline in participation by young folks. This same model of distorting truth, is being peddled in recent times by most Odinaani adherents and Dibia. Therefore, limiting Igbo Spirituality as a money/success making venture in order to attract young folks and as a reaction to this influx, the reduction of Igbo spiritual practice to a mare caricature.
In order to serve these illusions, the Dibia’s/ shaman list out excessive and ridiculous sacrifices with exorbitant prices which now defeat the purpose practice. While the Dibia does this, the client now have ridiculous expectations without knowing that the only way his or expectations would be met, is through the aid of a concocted juice(charm/ogwu)-which is a far cry to our ancestral practice.
Note: Ogwu is a concoction which you give a command to.
Looking at a couple of reasons why rituals or sacrifices fail–
- The failure of any recommended sacrifice or ritual could be caused by the individual or the Dibia- On the part of the Dibia excessive price tag or fee could render him ineffective while on the client’s unattainable expectations renders the Dibia’s work ineffective.
- Mindset of the individual- Accepting Odinaani as a way of life is the key for having things fall in the right place and at the right time. In achieving this constant study and grassroot research is needed due to the gap in out knowledge and understanding .-You can get my ebook ” Chi na Ezumezu“.
3. Purity of mind and body: Before embarking in any form of spiritual works, your body and soul needs to be on a certain pedestal to avoid being rejected by the spirits. For instance; while preparing to perform any water ritual or sacrifice(Ibu ndi mmiri/Ikpe ile oma), its safer to avoid sex (Sexual energy) before and after the ritual. Same goes to almost all the rituals being done in Odinaala such as: Chi rituals.
4. Avoid crowded environments. Like club house and excessive alcohol prior to performing any ritual.
5. Acknowledge your Chi first as the author of your existence and abstain from what your Chi abhors, this would help maintain a stable relationship between you and your Chi who would stand in to sediment and manifest your intensions.
6. Note that the cause of your problems may not be caused by one entity, therefore through the system of Afa, you must identify them all and gradually acknowledge them.
Also note: In all you do, never feed the wrong Chi, it would compound more problems than it should solve.
Finally, note that this journey is that of patience and fortitude, it begins like a trickle then a roar. Don’t be deceived into the belief that turning back to your ancestors and ancestral worship is the key to sudden wealth. Let your intuition be your guild-Gidi gidi bu ugwu eze.